What I have read this month...

It is the end of the month so this is where I reveal some stuff I have read throughout the month. Let's get into what I have been reading throughout July...


1: Stuff on social media.

Lately I have been seeing a lot on social media which I am finding is repeating. A lot of the stuff is people, politicians, media companies and more doing bad things. Often I am unsurprised. However, I never take things at face value. Someone told me you cannot trust social media yet also told you could trust most UK newspapers, reeling off several. I must admit that I disagree because I have seen lies, misinformation or bias from UK newspapers and news channels. That is just how I see it and my opinion is mine. Other can disagree (or agree) with me just so long as they are willing to accept me having an opinion. Social media can be eye-opening for me. Even if sometimes it's just funny cat videos that brighten up my day.


2: Bus timetables online.

I have been reading a lot of bus timetables this month for what I reason I don't know other than for going away. However, that has been postponed now. I just like to plan ahead.


3: My French.

I have continued to keep learning my French and this of course includes reading tasks. If ever I happen to go to France then at least I might be able to somewhat communicate with the locals. People in the UK expect anyone who comes over here to just speak perfect English regardless (I don't). If that's the case then whenever we go to another country we should be perfectly speaking their language surely? Regardless, I want to learn French whether I go or not.


4: Six Suspects (2008) by Vikas Swarup.

As Vikas Swarup I liked reading Vikas Swarup's books last year I decided to read his crime novel Six Suspects as the theme of the month for July and August is the crime and mystery genres. I have not finished it yet but so far I have no desire to put the book down; I am planning to finish it.


5: Hotel websites.

As I was planning to go away, I was reading stuff on different hotel websites because I like to choose my hotel stays wisely.


6: My chess.

As well as my French, I have been continuing to learn French too. Every time I read new concepts, I try to go over it again if ever I am unsure. Between my French and chess, I am doing well with the number of days I have so far done.


7: Shopping centre and retail parks websites.

Going away means getting birthday and Christmas presents so I like to see what shopping centres and retail parks there. Plus I like to know what time different shops are open until.


8: We Have Always Been Here: A Queer Muslim Memoir (2019) by Samra Habib.

Last month I started going to a monthly book club and Samra Habib's memoir was the book that was chosen. I have not finished it yet but I am going to.


9: The National Trust website.

I love going to National Trust places and therefore whenever I go away or visit somewhere new for the day, I am checking out the National Trust website to see which places there I that can visit. I love finding new places to go.


That is my lovely little list of stuff I have been reading. Do come back next month to see what I have been then.


Until next time,


Thomas (they/them).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookshop visit 11: Lions Charity Bookshop, Hailsham, East Sussex.

Fictional book review: Trumpet (1998) by Jackie Kay.

Bookshop visit 3: Oxfam Bookshop, Coventry, West Midlands.