A secret to confess...

Today's blog post is only a short one. This is because I wanted to share something with you. I go to a weekly writing group and thanks to our leader, who sets us weekly tasks we can complete, I have started something wonderful. One week she gave us six character names, six job titles and six genres. What we had to do was write something. Like several other weeks, I found this a fun exercise to get my head around.

The funny thing is that ever since that week, I try to continue the next part of my story whenever a writing task fits the mould of where I want my story to go. Now admittedly some of what I have been writing is persuaded by what the writing task is for the new week. Although a lot of them have been great to fit in and do go well into my story anyway. Anyway, the relevance is that the genre I picked just so happens to be the crime genre. Yes, I know... Crime and mystery is the theme of the month and here I am writing some fiction to suit.

Currently I am going to keep this story idea up and see where it is taken. You never know what could happen...


Until next time,


Thomas (they/them).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookshop visit 11: Lions Charity Bookshop, Hailsham, East Sussex.

Bookshop visit 3: Oxfam Bookshop, Coventry, West Midlands.

Fictional book review: Trumpet (1998) by Jackie Kay.