Favourite detectives and investigators.

For today's post I am uncovering what my favourite detectives and investigators.


1: Mystery Incorporated - all the Scooby-Doo franchises.

I absolutely love the whole Scooby-Doo gang! I grew up watching anything Scooby-Doo that I could and still do when I see Scooby-Doo stuff showing. Personally my favourite character is Velma; I love an interesting young woman who is able to uncover or should I say unmask the culprit. It is fun, entertaining and a link to my childhood. What's not to love? {Also big shout out to The Hex Girls.}


2: Detective Inspector Neville Parker - Death in Paradise.

Now I like all the lead detectives but Neville was my favourite. I loved his usage of his dictaphone, blossoming relationships and his fine attention to detail. I know he was annoying at times but once he acclimatised to Saint-Marie, he perfectly neatly spotted into island life.


3: Luella Shakespeare and Frank Hathaway - Shakespeare & Hathaway: Private Investigators.

What can I say about these two? Oh how funny they are! Yes! Mark Benton and Jo Joyner are an absolute joy to watch. There's an assistant Sebastian, played by Patrick Walsh McBride, who's great too I might add. Lu and Frank who are both private investigators are completely different and it makes for great television. However, they can both have their moments. Lu loves to go out on stakeouts, bringing snacks while Frank finds joy winding up the local police force. That is one of my favourite things about Frank! Lu's bright and colourful personality lights up any room, especially with at smile.


4: D.I Humphrey Goodman - Death in Paradise and Beyond Paradise.

Detective Humphrey Goodman went to the island of Saint-Marie to help solve the case when a reunion for old university friends ends after one of the group gets murdered. He is clumsy which is hilarious, he is sharp which is great and he is caring too. This is most evident when he is London and tracks down someone for love. His later return in Beyond Paradise is just as wonderful where he still retains his usual traits. There will never be another Humphrey Goodman.


5: Superintendent Sandra Pullman - New Tricks.

An incredible woman who never took any nonsense from people: that was Superintendent Sandra Pullman from crime drama New Tricks. If you ever watch New Tricks, notice how she keeps her team in line... She was intelligent, honest, friendly and great at her job. One thing I particularly loved was how she always got what she wanted in her job. I must admit that I found it a bit ironic that Jack was Sandra's old boss and when she was tasked with heading up UCOS (Unsolved Crimes and Open case Squad), she first approached Jack about returning to work from retirement. Sandra is one unique person.


6: Rosemary Boxer and Laura Thyme - Rosemary & Thyme.

When Laura Thyme's friend is killed in a car accident, some evidence would suggest it was not accident. Having met Rosemary Boxer, the pair of them start working on finding the answers. They up starting a gardening business, working on gardens while also solving crimes they stumble across. They are sneaky, cheeky and smart, able to solve a murder without people realising. They have an excellent relationship and their gardening work blows me away all the time!


7: Detective Inspector Jack Mooney - Death in Paradise and Return to Paradise.


Jack is a charming, warm-hearted soul with a knack for solving the trickiest of murders. My favourite Death in Paradise episode is one he features in as well. Jack can spot the clues and fit them together well. He dresses sensibly for any occasion. He also comes across as having a relaxed attitude at times which feels comforting. Jack gets on well with everyone which I love and has a special way of being able to connect to people, this makes him get he answers he wants easier sometimes. Who could not fall in love with sweet D. I. Mooney?


That concludes the list of my favourite detectives/investigators.


Until next time,


Thomas (they/them).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookshop visit 11: Lions Charity Bookshop, Hailsham, East Sussex.

Bookshop visit 3: Oxfam Bookshop, Coventry, West Midlands.

Fictional book review: Trumpet (1998) by Jackie Kay.