All about Veronica Chalkwater.
Lately I have been thinking about the story I have been writing bits and pieces from. I don't know if this will turn into a full length novel but hey, for now I am carrying on with the next part of my artsy crime genre work of fiction whenever one of my weekly writing tasks permits it. You probably wander what it is about or who my protagonist. Let me introduce Veronica Chalkwater...
Miss Veronica Chalkwater is an artist who works at the LGBTQIA+ artists hub. The hub is a local space for her and other LGBTQIA+ artists to come together and the space to work on their artistic craft for events, exhibitions and more. It also enables a safe space for the artists to discuss things, often matters regarding being a part of the LGBTQIA+. I know how hard it is to be LGBTQIA+ so I wanted to highlight that in my writing. Further to this I wanted to showcase the life of an artist/creative which again I have experience of.
Not all the details are there about Veronica's character but I know enough for now. She's this person who can't help but be nosy so that when a crime is committed she often has a reason to want to solve it. (Even if some police officers might deem her pesky or annoying!) I wanted to establish this in my pieces I have been writing. I have a good idea of the direction I am taking my story in so wait and see what happens...
Until next time,
Thomas (they/them).
Comments
Post a Comment